The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Silly C1 question

johnnygoesdigital

I just downloaded the C1 demo from P1. Being new to this software, I imported a few tiff's to play, but cannot get the adjustment sliders to become active. Is there another conversion I need before all the controls are made available? I know this is a remedial question, but in LR3 I just import and go...Thanks for any input.

APS

Hi Johnny

I have also had this issue with C1 on occasion .. haven't figured out why yet so am not much help to you.

Have you logged a support case with P1 :)

Cheers

Tony

johnnygoesdigital

Hi Tony,

No, i haven't. I'll keep trying, but some adjustments can be used and others not. I'm wondering if its the file itself, i.e. jpg, raw, tif.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Speaking of silly C1 issues, I was tethering this morning (Apple Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter working just fine) and I was getting terrible luminosity gradients across the frame - much lighter on the left side. When I copied the files from the laptop to the "mainframe", the problem vanished.

Turns out the tethered captures were auto-applying an existing LCC from a far right shifted position. I have no idea why it was auto-applying, but it was quite a scare.

--Matt

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Matt: [Capture Tab > Next Capture Adjustments]

The default is "copy from last" which means as you hone in on the look for a particular shot (e.g. tweaking contrast/clarity etc) it will continue to copy those settings to new incoming images.

You may find setting that option to "defaults" less HAL-ish if you want to deal with each image separately on your own.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Thanks, Doug.:thumbup:

I figured I could clear it up with some RTFM :facesmack:, but since it wasn't doing any harm, I let it ride.

--Matt

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi Matt

With respect to reading the Capture 1 manual, I don't believe there is one.
Online Manual: Capture One RAW converter help site
PDF Manual: Capture One documentation
YouTube: Capture One 6 raw converter - YouTube
Webinars: Training & Events

And if you buy it from a dealer you gain that dealer's support as well as Phase One's email-only support. In our case phone, including my cell, and in-person visits.

Granted there is not the gigantic ecosystem of a dozen websites/books/magazines like for Photoshop, but help is available!