The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Another ColorChecker Passport question

sangio

Hi all;

I've created several camera profiles for LR 4.1 using the x-rite passport and they do work nicely.

What I'm finding is that LR will only make the profiles available on images imported after the profiles were created. With older images, in the same LR catalog, the profiles don't show up in the drop-down box, the only profile showing is the Adobe Standard.

The new profiles are in the proper folder: username/library/application support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Changing the LR process from 2010 to 2012, doesn't make any difference.

Surely there must be a way to apply a new profile to older images?
Any hints greatly appreciated.

Regards
Santo

sangio

Hi all;

I've created several camera profiles for LR 4.1 using the x-rite passport and they do work nicely.

What I'm finding is that LR will only make the profiles available on images imported after the profiles were created. With older images, in the same LR catalog, the profiles don't show up in the drop-down box, the only profile showing is the Adobe Standard.

The new profiles are in the proper folder: username/library/application support/Adobe/CameraRaw/CameraProfiles

Changing the LR process from 2010 to 2012, doesn't make any difference.

Surely there must be a way to apply a new profile to older images?
Any hints greatly appreciated.

Regards
Santo
Well, just to make it even more confusing, I checked some of the other files in the catalog, and in about half the folders, the new camera profiles are available for all the files in those specific folders. In the rest of the folders, none of the files are showing the new profiles as available.

Was it something I did during import perhaps?

thanks
Santo