The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is FlexColor ok in Mountain Lion? Any other issues in upgrading from Snow Leopard?

Stuart Richardson

Hello,
I am running a Mac Pro with Snow Leopard as my work computer. I run a small lab and use an X5 scanner an a 9900 printer. Everything is currently working fine, but I am thinking it might be a good time for me to upgrade my OS. I am happy with Snow Leopard, but I use Mountain Lion on my laptop, and I like some of the features, such as the iCloud syncing, airdrop and so on. It is not critical that I upgrade, but I also think in general it is good to keep up with the times, at least somewhat. My main question is whether I will screw things up by upgrading. I will of course make a full back up before upgrading, but I would rather just hold off there are major issues.
I don't think I have any applications that require Rosetta...my only scanner is the X5, and my only printer the 9900. I work mostly with CS6 and Lightroom 4. I have come to terms with Lion on my laptop (basically by turning off all the "features" that drive me up the wall, unhiding the library etc), so I am not sure the interface will be a problem. I am just worried about having to spend hours, days or weeks getting my computer working again, if upgrading throws everything out of whack.

Any advice is greatly appreciated!