The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adobe DNG FlatField - LCC For Lightroom ?

Marlyn

Hi All,

New announcement from Adobe today, DNG FlatField.

See: Plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop Lightroom | Adobe Labs

and PDF: http://labsdownload.adobe.com/pub/labs/lightroomplugins/lightroomplugins_dngff_docs.pdf

Seems to be for Lens Cast. Sounds a lot like LCC from CaptureOne.

Has anyone tried it ? is it a viable replacement for C1 LCC for Technical camera users.

I personally much prefer LR to C1 (its what I'm familar with), but have to use C1 for LCC. This would be nice if it does as good a job !.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I see no downside to this announcement.

I can give you a dozen reasons why you should choose C1v6 over LR4. It takes literally a few hours of supervised time to get up to speed on C1 - far less than it takes to learn a new camera system, and with at least as much impact on your workflow and quality. The P1 Youtube intro-level videos are a great place to start and our online Capture One webinars are a good place to continue, with a 1v1 masters training (remotely or in person) with myself or someone like Jack are a great place to finish.

But if you prefer LR4 for whatever reason(s) this tool means you can use it even with tech cameras.

Sounds like good news all around.

vjbelle

This is a great accomplishment for Adobe...... that being said there is no comparison between ACR and C1. This is especially true if 800/e files are used. ACR sharpening introduces artifacts and noise that are completely eliminated in C1 - and this is done without any reduction in fine detail sharpness. I encourage anyone to compare files produced by both programs and see for yourself.

Christopher

And when it comes to DR maximization without doing blending or very fine curve work, LR beats the current C1 by far.... I really hope C1 soons gets a great update, it really is needed badly...

dchew

I've tried it on a few files. I like the process wokflow better than C1, but it is more steps. Mainly i like the option to either save files in a specific folder (for unshifted std f-stops) or or individual analysis that does ot get "saved"

Have not yet done direct comparisons, but for reasonable shifts it looks great to me.

I am very excited about this :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Admin note -- I have moved the original thread and merged the two together here in the processing section for thread integrity.