The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Best Tablet to get for photo editing

viablex1

thanks was looking at those what size do you recommend? and overall what are your impressions?

thanks for the reply

Matto

Professional

I will tell you honest, i have 2, Intuos 3 and Intuos 4, the version 3 is large and the version 4 is small, i don't use any of them for some reason, i love them for sure but i am not good at photoshop and editing programs to use it a lot and also it needs time to get used to them, but i am sure they are a necessary tool if i want to do time-consuming faster workflow, and i will highly recommend you to go with MEDIUM size, small one is so small area that you may not feel comfortable, also the large one has big working area that might make your hand or arm getting tired moving all around that big area of the tablet, medium is a better fit in between.

Jeremy

If money doesn't matter, grab a 24" touchscreen Cintiq!

Outside of that, I use a medium Intuos 4 at work and am planning on getting one of the touch-enabled Intuos 5s at home. I agree with Professional that the medium is a really good size between the large and small tablets.

viablex1

okay cool, believe it or not just getting a handle on blue skies, Routlaw that sometimes comes on here occasionally, has screaming blue skies!! so naturally I want to imitate those in some way, the windoze mouse is not very accurate!!!

thanks for the replies!!

shaunmlavery

I have a large intuos 3. I was told to get the biggest you think yuo need when I was in the market. I went with the large and I'm envious of smaller ones! This guy is too big!

I have a friend who is an illustrator and he uses a small so that speaks volumes to me. I feel like this thing is a boat anchor, at least to me! I love using it in Capture One/Photoshop but it is just too big.

On top of all that, traveling with it...Haha, right!