The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7: the 12 Things You Need to Know

M

Mark Schretlen

... how do you rename a catalogue after it's been created? ...
I just rename the catalog file using the operating system tools (in my case Win 8). I have done this three or four times - so far, no ill effects.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Thanks Guy - kinda my thinking! I'm looking to replace my MP so I'll likely pop 32 GB in.

As a matter of interest, how fast is the new MBP with IQ files? My current MPB is pretty slow with 4GB Ram and 2.4 GHz Core Duo. It too will be replaced soon.

Bill
iQ 160 files about 12 seconds. Not too shabby

Dan Bellyk

Well I think part of the problem is I just started using a Seagate GoFlex for backup and thats the issue, I switched over to my almost full G Technology portable and it worked right away and no crashes.

Dan

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Hello all; just read the entire thread. I tried searching the net for "Peter Krogh videos" and found the LR and DAM ones, but nothing for C1Pro7.

And as much as I would like to attend the webinars, that's not going to happen Australian time!

Any help in finding the best on-line training (have to be able to be streamed when I want) will be much appreciated. Although, at the time of writing, the DP2M and X-E1 are not supported...

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've now been using C1 7.1 for a couple of days and can report that it is much more stable than 7.0. In fact I've had no crashes at all, a nice change from a couple or more a day from 7.0.

(Mac, Snow Leopard)

Bill

Hello all; just read the entire thread. I tried searching the net for "Peter Krogh videos" and found the LR and DAM ones, but nothing for C1Pro7.

And as much as I would like to attend the webinars, that's not going to happen Australian time!

Any help in finding the best on-line training (have to be able to be streamed when I want) will be much appreciated. Although, at the time of writing, the DP2M and X-E1 are not supported...
Hi Kit,

Go here...

Capture One Pro 7 imaging software - YouTube

David

Just starting up C1 7.0.1, waiting for it to get idle.. This is the reading out of iStat on a Mac Pro 4.1 with 12 gig of RAM and the original Nvidia GT 120.

The CPU reading is high and the Video usage up to 70%.

Any thoughts?

eleanorbrown

Having some issues with C1 v7 with some of my sessions. In some the images show up only as white and there is no info in my develop settings. In other sessions, all is normal and fine with image previews, just as it should be. Any ideas, and thanks! Eleanor

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Having some issues with C1 v7 with some of my sessions. In some the images show up only as white and there is no info in my develop settings. In other sessions, all is normal and fine with image previews, just as it should be. Any ideas, and thanks! Eleanor
1. Restart Computer and/or Relaunch Capture One
2. File > Regenerate Preview
3. Turn off Open CL (preferences)

eleanorbrown

Ok, thanks Doug but I tried all this several times and still no luck....when I open C1 the previews first appear then quickly turn to blank white.....any other ideas. This was working fine until I opened the program today.....Eleanor

1. Restart Computer and/or Relaunch Capture One
2. File > Regenerate Preview
3. Turn off Open CL (preferences)

Last edited:

lkuhlmann

Ok, thanks Doug but I tried all this several times and still no luck....when I open C1 the previews first appear then quickly turn to blank white.....any other ideas. This was working fine until I opened the program today.....Eleanor
Sometimes the wb is "acting up". This is stored as part of your session or catalog. Try setting the WB manually to "as shot". If this fails, I would manually rename the folder of the images, delete the CaptureOne subfolder (unless you have lots of settings already) and start a new session, and point at the new folder.

-Lionel

eleanorbrown

Thanks very much Lionel. What I've ended up doing was to leave the sessions "as is" but trashing the Capture One settings folder and replacing it with the same folder from my back up drive. That's seems to be working. I have zero clue as to what happened! Eleanor

Sometimes the wb is "acting up". This is stored as part of your session or catalog. Try setting the WB manually to "as shot". If this fails, I would manually rename the folder of the images, delete the CaptureOne subfolder (unless you have lots of settings already) and start a new session, and point at the new folder.

-Lionel

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Capture One 7.0.2 has now been released that should address nearly all of the stability issues and bugs I've seen listed in this thread. We'll have an article up on our website in a few hours.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
Thank you David (advice re. the YT tutorials); working through them now.

@ Guy and Jack:

I'm tempted to do a quick video on stuff like this
Please do a slow, detailed video on all of this, and make it pay download. I will be your first buyer.

kit laughlin

Subscriber Member
I should add: processing X-E1 people pix, the skin tones are (IMHO) visibly more pleasing that the SOOC jpegs (which are excellent).

and (@ Jack), would you kindly point me to your thread where you gave suggestions for tool/tab setup? for me, the default setup is not ideal, but because I m such a C1Pro 7 newbie, I would love some pointers! Cheers to everyone, KL