The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1Pro 7 problem: JPEG recipe process results in black frame only

kdphotography

Ok, so I'm hoping this is something simple I've just missing---and yes, I've had my coffee already!

Recently did the upgrade from C1 Pro 6 to 7. Some minor quirks but pretty much program looks the same. Recipes carried over to Ver 7. Cool.

Processed RAW files in C1 Pro 7. Did a batch of low resolution images 1200 px. and they are fine in the output folder.

Process a batch (and individual files too) as full resolution JPEGS and TIFFs. I can see the thumbs in the output folder. I go to open the files in Photoshop CS5, and aghh--- I get a full res black frame. Nothing. Just black. It's a pretty black, but I think getting the original file I envisioned would be more satisfying.

I've gone over my recipes, rebooted---but nothing, but black when processing images with C1 Pro 7. C1 Pro 6 can process the images no problem.

Any help???

Nevermind----figured it out!

Last edited:

kdphotography

I had designated new C1 Pro 7 engine under base characteristics, but didn't "select all" images in switching to the new engine. C1 Pro 7 is still somewhat buggy on my aging workstation, but C1 Pro 6 is rock solid.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing and the program works but C1 Pro 7 is simply not as stable as C1 Pro 6. Mostly minor quirks but I imagine all will be worked out soon. I have a new workstation waiting to be put into operation, so am hopeful that helps....

ken