The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7 Crash - HELP

gustavo

I downloaded the capture one 7 64 bits and when I try to run it, it immediately crashed. It says "Capture One has unexpectedly stopped working" It offers me a report but I dont have the knowledge to understand which the problem is. I think my pc reach the system requirements for this software: Intel Core i7 870 2.93 ghz. 4 gb. Windows 7 64 bits. I installed it almost 10 times, and it still doesn’t work. Is there anyone who could help me?

I downloaded the capture one 7 64 bits and when I try to run it, it immediately crashed. It says "Capture One has unexpectedly stopped working" It offers me a report but I dont have the knowledge to understand which the problem is. I think my pc reach the system requirements for this software: Intel Core i7 870 2.93 ghz. 4 gb. Windows 7 64 bits. I installed it almost 10 times, and it still doesn’t work. Is there anyone who could help me?
If you have a previous version of Capture One installed on your computer the first thing I would try is to completely uninstall it (including preferences and support files) following the guidelines described here:
Knowledge base
If this does not work next thing to do is to contact Capture One Support Services via their web site (Phase One and Mamiya Leaf support) attaching the crash report(s) to your support request.

gustavo

If you have a previous version of Capture One installed on your computer the first thing I would try is to completely uninstall it (including preferences and support files) following the guidelines described here:
Knowledge base
If this does not work next thing to do is to contact Capture One Support Services via their web site (Phase One and Mamiya Leaf support) attaching the crash report(s) to your support request.
thanks. I will try.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Dido. Remove previous versions. Submit support case. Wait for the next update which will surely come to address any bugs (like this one) that effect whatever particular combination of hardware/software/settings is causing your problem.

David Kaufman

I had the same problem. The answer probably is that you have to run a script disabling Open CL (NOT OpenGL) before starting C1 v7. Yoiu need to download a script runnning program from Microsoft entitled Wspcript.exe (easy to find) and then run the script (which I cannot find right now) but available on this site somewhere or from Phase One support that instructs your computer not to use Open CL while running C1 7. After that you should have no problems. Good luck.
David Kaufman

gustavo

thanks to everybody, I thnik you are right. I bought a new disk, install W7 there and then installed the CO7. SAME PROBLEM. I have no problem with my office computer. I will try with the MS solution.

Regards.

gustavo

my computer office has W7 too. and I upgraded my hom pc (the one which has the problem) to 8GB ram. the problem is still there.