The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

FILES NOT RECOGNIZED OR RENDERED WHITE OR BLACK IN C1-7

archiM44

I have RAW files from D-Lux5 and Panasonic LX-2 that Capture One 7PRO will either not recognize at all or when loading shows the thumbnails and then promptly renders them all as entirely white and when going to the develop tool renders them black.
I have reinstalled C1-7 (I originally had completely removed C1-6PRO) to no avail. Since I have used Capture since 3x I have never had such a problem.
I no longer have any of these cameras, but recall having no problems processing the same files in previous versions.
have tried removing acceleration in preferences when one of the files started flashing thumbnail and black.
The information tool shows perfectly correct information.
The files show up perfectly in Media 1 and from there they can be perfectly processed in Photoshop CS6, Iridient Raw Developer, RPP Raw Photo Processor,
and Aperture.
It's not a serious problem as the images are not very important and I have many ways to process them, but still.......Anybody know what the problem might be?

robsteve

Subscriber
I am having this same problem. It doesn't seem to be specific to the camera brand as it is happening to files from my D800E and and old Canon 1D. Have you found a solution?

kdphotography

Are these are files that you previously processed in C1 Pro 6? Under base characteristics, which processing engine is selected?

robsteve

Subscriber
Are these are files that you previously processed in C1 Pro 6? Under base characteristics, which processing engine is selected?
They are files that have been processed in Capture 7 and shot recently since the upgrade to Capture One 7. The only thing that is new is Lightroom was upgraded to Lightroom 4 and could possible made changes to the meta data.

robsteve

Subscriber
I went back into the problem folder and deleted the whole C1 folder and this fixed it. I suspect the error was in one of the settings subfolders.

archiM44

I went back into the problem folder and deleted the whole C1 folder and this fixed it. I suspect the error was in one of the settings subfolders.
I tried that, but it didn't fix it. They still show up white.
They can be normally processed in all other programs except C1#7 and show up perfectly in in Media PRO where the metadata looks perfectly normal.
I sent the files to Phase One support, and they referred them to an other department, but since then no answer.
Thanks for your suggestions.
maurice