The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

MacbookPro With Thunderbolt Monitor and CS6

Dan Bellyk

For the love of god how the hell to you get the dual display? With CaptureOne Pro and LR4 it's easy but damn if I can figure how to get it to work with my Macbook Pro With Retina display and the 27" thunderbolt and CS6 with dual display. :banghead:
For now I am mirroring displays in CS6.......help!!! I would like the photo the be tweaked on the Thunderbolt and the rest on the MacPro....Am I asking much?

Dan

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
For the love of god how the hell to you get the dual display? With CaptureOne Pro and LR4 it's easy but damn if I can figure how to get it to work with my Macbook Pro With Retina display and the 27" thunderbolt and CS6 with dual display. :banghead:
For now I am mirroring displays in CS6.......help!!! I would like the photo the be tweaked on the Thunderbolt and the rest on the MacPro....Am I asking much?

Dan
Try:
System Preferences/Displays
Under the arrangement tab, turn off mirroring.
arrange the displays to your taste.
than create your c1 workspace the way you want it. You may want to start with one of the dual monitor built-in workspaces provided by Phase One (Capture one/window/workspace.

-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Mine is laptop on left and 30 inch on right. 30 inch is the primary screen and laptop becomes tools, email. If you need a screen grab Dan let me know ill post one. But Bob is dead on there with instructions.

Dan Bellyk

Capture One works but in CS6 with mirroring off if I try and drag the photo that I am working on over to the second monitor it vanishes or just does not show up.
What I am doing now is working on the file in C1 and then when I want to process it in CS6 I open up display properties, mirror display and work from the Thunderbolt.
Thunderbolt to left and laptop to right....Tried Googling but no luck

Dan Bellyk

I was hoping to go to New York and take the Masters Workshop on Capture One but after buying the Thunderbolt I think it will have to wait.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Capture One works but in CS6 with mirroring off if I try and drag the photo that I am working on over to the second monitor it vanishes or just does not show up.
What I am doing now is working on the file in C1 and then when I want to process it in CS6 I open up display properties, mirror display and work from the Thunderbolt.
Thunderbolt to left and laptop to right....Tried Googling but no luck
CS6 you need the application frame to extend to the second monitor. It will not just let you put a photo in empty space per say you need to stretch the application across both monitors.