The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

File transfer from MacPro to MBP Retina w/SSD

2jbourret

Im looking at buying a MacBook Pro to replace an older (2008) MacPro. The MBP will have an SSD and a Thunderbolt RAID, such as a Pegasus R6. Since my Tower has far more internal storage than the MBP will have, I have a few questions:

1)what is the best process for moving files to the new external RAID from my internal and external FireWire drives?
2) what is the best setup to work from files that will be stored on the RAID. 3)Which RAID configuration is best?
4)What is a good backup configuration.

I use C1 to process Raw files from an IQ180, and LR 4 to manage, finalise, and print the processed TIFFs. I have ~3TB of image files that I will want to have continued working access to.

Thanks