The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One can't output and work at the same time!

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

I can't output files and work on files at the same time. Capture One freezes every time it starts to output a file. When batching my Aptus II-8 files it means that I can't work at all on other files. I have an Intel I7-3930K processor with 16GB RAM working off RAID 0 hard drives and and the boot and cache drives are separate SSD's. There's no excuse for this to be happening.

Am I the only one?

Running C1 6.4.1. I tried 6.4.3 but it killed my tethering and not touching 7 until it comes out of 'user beta' mode.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
C1 doesn't love some RAID systems. Perhaps try working off one of your non RAID SSDs and see if the issue goes away.

No reason 6.4.3 should "kill your tethering" for Leaf.

If the above doesn't help then I'd start a support case with your system information so they can track down the reason.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Hmmm I'm having trouble from my Pegasus 4tb running Raid 0 . I'm freezing up when I hit output. Off my single SSD OS drive I'm okay. I normally work off the desktop anyway but nice to go to older files off my Raid 0 drive and maybe process another image or so. Hopefully there is a fix coming as it would be handy for sure.

thomas

no trouble at all here with a RAID0 (internal).
Processing and working on other images at the same time is also not a problem.

Turn off "Open CL" for "processing" in the preferences:

Preferences -> General -> Hardware Acceleration -> Processing -> Never