The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Can't see thumbnails in finder with jpegs made by Capture One

gme2815

I'm giving Capture One a try, and thinking it's wonderful, except...when I make jpegs from my raws...the thumbnails won't show in Finder. I'm running OSX 10.8.2. Instead seeing a the photo thumbnail in finder, all I get is... Any fix for this sad state of affairs?

gme2815

Well, I installed Capture One on my Mac Pro and it works fine, makes jpegs from raw that generate the usual thumbnails in finder. No problems. It's just on my Macbook Pro Retina that it doesn't seem to work. I deleted it and reinstalled, still no thumbnails.

PeterL

Do you have "create thumbnails" clicked on? PROCESS RECIPE > File > File Icon: Create thumbnails on save? - Click it to activate.

Cheers, -Peter

gme2815

Problem solved...by unchecking PROCESS RECIPE > File > File Icon: Create thumbnails on save. Checked...it doesn't save thumbnails, unchecked, it does...strange. But at least now I can use CO7, which does a much better job processing my D800e nefs than Lightroom, I must say.