The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

i1 Display Pro using i1Profiler turns my NEC PA271w magenta!

tsjanik

I have an i1Display Pro and have used it with the iProfiler software on several monitors with no problems . Recently I purchased a NEC PA271w. I am using dual monitors (Samsung 243T with the NEC). When I start the calibration, the NEC moniter changes to a very magenta cast whether I am calibrating the NEC or Samsung; the Samsung retains its normal color. I have been able to restore the correct color in the NEC only through Windows system restore. I am using a Dell XPS 435 desktop, W7 64 bit, Radeon 4xxx. Any advice? I did post this elsewhere and I know I can get Spectraview, but I've read that the i1 software should work (along with Multiprofiler whiich I have downloaded) and I just want to understand what the problem is.

Thanks,

Tom

Aviv1887

I just had the same problem. I called NEC and it is not an actual problem. they advised me to set the white point by eye inside the spectra view software in the edit section and calibrate, to a neutral white. I know sounds kind of strange and i had to laugh when he told me, but it did work. It is a great monitor ones you have it calibrated with the software. I wish I could give you a more detailed walkthrough but I'm not in front of my computer to explain better which steps to take.

Aviv1887

By the way I did purchase their software on their site for $90 because I could get my eye 1 software to work. It sounds like you did so but the software is very different in how it works.

tsjanik

By the way I did purchase their software on their site for $90 because I could get my eye 1 software to work. It sounds like you did so but the software is very different in how it works.
Thanks for the reply. I may just get NEC software. The i1 worked fine on my previous dual monitor setup, allowing profiles for both. There's something about the NEC that is different

Try Argyll and Dispcal. I've been using them on my laptop and am very impressed. I use the whole spectra view system on my NEC, so not much help there.

danielmoore

Another vote for Argyll and Dispcal, I've gotten better (lower DeltaE values) than with Eizo's colornavigator, iProfiler, ColorEyes Display Pro. Open source, but you will have to put a little time into it, RTF'ing the M and all.

ced

If the problem still persists go to the BasicColor website and download a trial version and see if that helps