The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Strange Photoshop issue with lens profiles

D&A

Hi All,

While I have limited lower and no Internet service due to wet snowstorm (only some cell phone service, I've had some time to investigate an issue that recently developed with Photoshop. This particular workstation is on Windows (XP).

Until 2 weeks ago I was using CS5 and it's accompanied bridge. I upgraded to CS6 and because of the initial problems when first downloaded, Adobe had me delete the entire program and reinstall.

It seems to be working albet slow but what I just noticed is all lens profiles in bridge can't be found or accessed. It's like the database isn't there. I have CS5 still installed on the computer and it always accessed the lens profile data bases but it's gone or can't be accessed either. This has me stumped. Short of another complete reinstall which I don't want to attempt (again) unles absolutely necessary, any ideas? Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

NEW PROBLEM! Well when it rains, it pours, as they often say. In trying to get lens profiles to show up in CS6, one of Adobe's techs made quite a mess of files and folders as he attempted to resolve the initial issue. So much so that Photoshop CS6 had to be completely removed from the computer and any attempt to re-install the CS6 upgrade to CS5 fails due to message that repeatedly comes up as "adobe installer failed to load". This causes any attempt to update or download any Adobe product to fail also due to the inability of the Adobe installer failing to load (now). Short of possibly wing every Adobe product from my computer, I haven't yet found a way to get around this.

A web search showed others have encountered the same issuebut the few who found a solution, had programming skills beyond my own.

Any chance anyone has any ideas what I can attempt to get the Adobe installer to load so I can relad things like CS6 upgrade again? Thanks!

Dave (D&A)

D&A

Solutions! Well not sure if anyone is reading this thread but solutions were found for both issues. With regards to missing lens profiles in CS6...that took a beta patch direct from Adobe" help" to correct. Obviously live "chat" is is completely different than phone help, the latter which appears to be overseas and who knows where (but I have some idea). Overseas help spent the better part of 5 days and couldn't come up with a solution except install, un-install and re-install CS6 dozens of times to no avail until they ended up corrupting the program and then it would no longer re-install. Not only could they not fix my original issue but couldn't fix why the program would no longer install.

All it took was 30 minutes on the Adobe live "help" chat line and both issues were addressed. They had me rename of a few folders which then finally allowed installation of CS6 and after that supplied the beta patch in order to restore the missing lens profiles.

Hope this helps someone in the future if they encounter either one of these issues and I would only recommend Adobe "Live Chat" to resolve issues.

Dave (D&A)