The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phocus newbie...

M

MrMoo

Hi all
Is there anyone who uses Phocus professionally? I'm thinking of buying a H4D camera and i will have to use it for tethered shooting. I have never used it but am not totally against the idea
Could you tell me what you guys think?
Thanks

RVB

i second marc's comment.. it's very good and gets the best out of Hasselblad raw's and correct's lense distortion too,it's easy to get use to if your familiar with lightroom as the gui is similar ,I usefully output everything as 16bit tiff in Profoto RGB.

M

MrMoo

I am used to C1 though. Is it a step back?
also can you batch process in Phocus?
thanks
G

DDudenbostel

I tether with Phocus and do some processing but mainly use LR4 for processing. Very easy to tether with Phocus. LR4 has the advantages of the adjustment brush and easy to add custom camera profiles.