The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nik Software---full collection now $149

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yep, they updated my email address on file and I got the free download notification. All is well!

--Matt

NIK support difficult to contact - cannot submit my tel#. Cannot send email info.
Says format problem.
Anybody know how to contact KIK directly by phone or email?

No problem talking to them before Google...hmm.

V

Vivek

The Nik email for the free download was in my spam/junk folder, and a LOT of other people are finding it there also. The email is titled "Thanks for your support: upgrade to the new Nik Collection by Google" and was sent out on March 25th. Worth checking for that before contacting Nik support.

Addendum: Guy said it was okay for me to share my Nik affiliate coupon code here. It is "MU-43" and gets you the same 15% off as the other coupon code shared two posts up in this thread (brings the price down to $126.65). Only difference is that the referral credit goes to me instead of D. Ziser. Thanks, Guy!

As an aside, I don't know if the final shipping version of the new Leica M will have the banding issue we've seen in some of the early firmware samples, but if it does, Nik Dfine has a wonderful de-banding capability that will address the issue with little fuss.
Thanks! :)

My thoughts on why Google did this:

Nik's plugins were overpriced in the current market, Nik would find it difficult to drop the price, but Google as the new owners didn't have the same problem with losing face.

So they dramatically adjusted the prices of the plugins to make them more competitive. Good move, but then faced the anger of those that had paid the big bucks previously, hence the brilliant move to stem any criticism - give previous Nik customers the whole lot for nothing. Problem solved rather neatly.
This is very good marketing on Google's part.

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Are the "plugins" LR/Aperture plugins, or PS plugins? I have the full collection as LR plugins (don't use Aperture), but only Silver Efex Pro (1 & 2) as PS plugins. I'd definitely like to be able to use Viveza 2 and the Color Efex filter collection from PS!

Needless to say I only got email about transferring my registration to google, which I didn't object to at all...

Peter Klein

Does anyone know if Silver Efex works in Irfanview, which supports many photoshop plugins? I'd like to try Silver Efex. But since I use Capture One as my RAW processor, I don't want to change that just to try one plug-in.

cam

can somebody tell me where Viveza went in Photoshop (CS3)?

i stupidly upgraded (not sure i needed to) and now i've lost it :eek:

carl-b

Just realised you said you upgraded. Did you mean you upgraded to cs3? If so you might have to re-install viveza.