The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 7 Dust removal greyed out after session upgrade

rupho

I am working through an older session file created in version 6 and I wanted to take advantage of the better C1 7 conversion. Though I upgraded the session files to version 7 I dont get the Dust removal to work anymore.
I imported the LCC file data from v. 6 as advised in the C1 help files and it brought back the "Enable Uniform Light" option but all of my "Dust Removal" can't be clicked anymore. I also tried to recreate the LCC bit to no avail.
what am I missing?
thanks in advance

rupho

Hi folks
I found a work around for those that might be affected by the same problem.
Initially I was advised by Phase One customer support to upgrade from 7.1 to 7.1.1 which did not help.
But I found a work-around after noticing that my lens profile for all lenses after upgrading a C1 6 library to 7.1 were missing. Instead of "generic" it said "none"
FYI images were shot with Alpa Technical camera.

here is what I did that helped though very time consuming exercise:
1: created new Session file
2: imported all images with adjustments (I did not want to loose ratings and adjustments)
3: switched lens profile from "None" to Generic" on all images
4: applied the missing LCC profile after the upgrade to all white card images (at this point I needed to close down C1 and reopen for the LCC to be recognised by C1, before the LCC badge did not show and therefore could not be applied to the images
5: applied LCC again

I think there is a bug that changed the lens profile to none which in turn prevented C1 to recognise the LCC. that info of somewhat lost after I upgraded the library.