The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Color shift exporting a variant to work on in PS

Matthew Cherry

I just got a Mamiya DM33 back for my RZ67 Pro IID. Did a test shoot with it the other day and absolutely love it. But I find I'm having a problem with color on files that I alter in CO7...

I've done some color work on a few files in CO7, including some creative levels adjustments, adjustment layer work and vignette. The color and contrast looks absolutely beautiful (as does ever file I make with this back). The problem comes when I export a variant into PS. I'm exporting as an uncompressed 16 bit PSD file and the result is different than what I have in CO7. It's not a huge difference, but it's there, slight shifts in color balance, saturation and contrast. I get the exact same result when exporting as a TIFF.

ICC Profile that I used for these shots in CO7 is Mamiya LF2 Portrait 4. The Curve is Mamiya DM 33 Portrait Soft. I'm using the Capture One 7 Engine.

I'm exporting the variant using the ProPhoto color space. I have also tried embedding the camera profile, but that doesn't make any difference.

If someone could PLEASE help me get this straightened out I would be eternally grateful. Thank you!.