The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom 5 beta

Jan Brittenson

Senior Subscriber Member
Excellent improvements, especially the perspective control which is the main reason I ever use PS anymore.

I wish they'd do something about their poor saturation though.

m43

Pity it wont import LR4.X catalogue's and all my printer templates .... oh well
Manual methods work................:D
Hey all my NikSoft plugins /Topaz are there.

m43

Excellent improvements, especially the perspective control which is the main reason I ever use PS anymore.

"I wish they'd do something about their poor saturation though"

Can you Elaborate Jan .. I shoot RAW anyways ?
I still use PS for layers However LR has become VERY powerfull ... the adjustment brush makes local area control a breeze :D

cjlacz

I think I'm going to like the feature that puts copies on your local machine. I normally use my Macbook Air connected to a thunderbolt disk, so this may make editing on the go less painful.

I wasn't too excited about the rest, but the radial tool looks like it might be useful, or at least a shortcut when I normally use the pen. Unfortunately it doesn't mask on color so it's not really a replacement for what Nik's control points.

cjlacz

If you mean the dull images by default in RAW I think they addressed this one of the luminous landscape videos on LR4, and maybe Jeff Schewe's book, The Digital Negative. Some JPG shooters turn contrast and saturation down all the way to reduce the chance of blown highlights etc, right? What they said is that basically Adobe found the same thing to be true in RAW. By not pushing contrast and saturation for a punchy image by default you actually get better data and a little more leeway to push and pull the image. Seems like there might be truth in that. If you want a punchy image by default than the right way to do it is to apply a preset on import that increases contrast/saturation. That's what I've done and it is working great for me.