The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

capture one licences

picman

Hi all, new here and of course I have a question ;)

I would like to start using capture one but I read on their site that licences are linked to a computer. This poses a problem because I have 3 Macs on which I would like to install it. Mind you, I am the only user and would never use two computers at the same time. Does anyone know if the company offers some kind of reduction in this case. I could not find any info on their site and contact apparently is only possible if you are already a user.

Thanks, cheers, Bob.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Hi all, new here and of course I have a question ;)

I would like to start using capture one but I read on their site that licences are linked to a computer. This poses a problem because I have 3 Macs on which I would like to install it. Mind you, I am the only user and would never use two computers at the same time. Does anyone know if the company offers some kind of reduction in this case. I could not find any info on their site and contact apparently is only possible if you are already a user.

Thanks, cheers, Bob.
If you are an owner of a Phase One digital back Capture One can be used without any limitations (or registration/license etc) to edit Phase One Raw files.

For dSLR users you need to purchase a Capture One Pro license ($400 retail). This will allow you to use the software on TWO computers. You can use your account on PhaseOne.com to remotely deactivate computers, or you can use a menu option within Capture One to deactivate a particular computer.

In theory you could go to one computer and deactivate and go to your third computer and "activate" an unlimited number of times. It will remember your key and so all you'd need to do is type your password. However, in practice I think just using it on two computers would be much less frustrating.

Welcome to the Phase One / Capture One family.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

picman

If you are an owner of a Phase One digital back Capture One can be used without any limitations (or registration/license etc) to edit Phase One Raw files.

For dSLR users you need to purchase a Capture One Pro license ($400 retail). This will allow you to use the software on TWO computers. You can use your account on PhaseOne.com to remotely deactivate computers, or you can use a menu option within Capture One to deactivate a particular computer.

In theory you could go to one computer and deactivate and go to your third computer and "activate" an unlimited number of times. It will remember your key and so all you'd need to do is type your password. However, in practice I think just using it on two computers would be much less frustrating.

Welcome to the Phase One / Capture One family.

Doug Peterson, Head of Technical Services
Capture Integration, Phase One & Canon Dealer | Personal Portfolio

Thank you for clarifying things! Best regards, Bob.