The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

What feature's would you add to C1P?

RVB

Hi all,I was wondering what new features you would like to see added to C1P's next edition? In order to fully replace LR I would like to see the ability to use plugin's and also an improvement on cloning tools and perhaps the ability to use color checker passport for profiles...

gazwas

1. Improved stability - 7.1.1 is still buggy and crashes too much still.
2. Colour balance in the local adjustments.

And I'd like these features in v7, not in the next please!

alajuela

Hi

I would like to see the layers improved, - for example the brush needs to respond better, now it is still kinda clunky better than C1 ver 6. but still not very good.

Need to add opacity setting to the individual layers. Also renaming the layers is a "female dog" I have to keep right clicking until the program get so bothered it lets me rename a layer.

I am of a mixed mind on plug ins, I sorta think not.

I would like it when you have more than one image in the preview screen, you could go back and right click to remove it from the preview screen, this would help with selections.

Thanks
Phil

RVB

1. Improved stability - 7.1.1 is still buggy and crashes too much still.
2. Colour balance in the local adjustments.

And I'd like these features in v7, not in the next please!
I agree,it still crashes often,better than previous version's but still needs some fine tuning... I find it freezes occasionally when tethering a D800e...

Color balance in L.A for sure,needs the layer feature expanded..

RVB

Hi

I would like to see the layers improved, - for example the brush needs to respond better, now it is still kinda clunky better than C1 ver 6. but still not very good.

Need to add opacity setting to the individual layers. Also renaming the layers is a "female dog" I have to keep right clicking until the program get so bothered it lets me rename a layer.

I am of a mixed mind on plug ins, I sorta think not.

I would like it when you have more than one image in the preview screen, you could go back and right click to remove it from the preview screen, this would help with selections.

Thanks
Phil
What about a pen tool for creating masks? opacity is a good idea,Clarity to the
local adjustments and a vibrance slider like LR..

Rob

RVB

Also wondering about the overlay tool,could it be expanded for use with layer's .. it would allow some composting in C1P,adding backgrounds etc..

julienlanoo

- Cross Platform, network renderfarm, so that i can prepare all my batch "processes" and just click send to render over network ( like 3dsmax and maya can), and all the computers in my network, or a couple of computers in the server rack could "help" render at night.. ( or day), how ever it must go faster :) :p so the more processors the better..

> Why cross platform, just to have the choise, if the "render" client ( or render server what ever) could run on Linux, it wold be fab, one could imagine to build a multiple xenon beast for this.. ( by the way, Auto Pano Giga, => Same remark) .

- Cross platform "sessions",

- Media Pro, better connected with it ...

- Faster LCC calculations

- More layers

- Selection tool

- stamp tool in layers , and edit on all layers, ( idem healing)

- better control over brush,

- actually a " PS " directly on RAW :) p:p

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
1) Reliability
2) Reliability
3) Reliability
4) Reliability
5) and finally, reliability!! :banghead:

I have to use it but it truly, truly sucks as far as either locking up when I change sessions or do an import sometimes. :wtf:

I also would like the brush tool to be more responsive when doing layer masks. It's ok under OS X 10.8 but on my Mac Pro 8 proc with 32GB Ram and Open CL uber video card but running under 10.7 it has an unacceptable lag between the UI and mouse/stylus. It's just about ok on my MacBook Pro under 10.8.

It also needs to catch up with LR with the dust spot identification. That feature is excellent and Phase One would make my life happier if I could nuke all dust spots in preprocessing of the raw vs fixing up the stragglers in photoshop later.

Steen

Senior Subscriber Member

I'm also surprised by the stability comments, I have never had it crash or freeze or anything like that, not a single time.

(I'm on an Intel i5 CPU 12 Gb RAM HP desktop with 64-bit Windows 7).

gazwas

I'm 100% with you Graham - reliability please!

Mac Pro, MacBook Pro or iMac, they are all crappy as far a reliability goes.

7.1.2 does nothing significant for me as far as reliability goes and I still get hang ups or freezes on all my machines of different ages. The only way I get better reliability is to restart my machine when things start to slow down and all works fine again for a while.

Great software but Version 7 has bugs on all my machines still.