The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 7.1.2 is out

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
FYI just got a e-mail from CI that C1 has been updated. I already downloaded even in the middle of a project but all seems okay. Dont go by me though I do crazy things and if your in the middle of something than always use your best judgement. I just look for trouble , its my nature. ROTFLMAO

I also hit my head really hard on a playground bar shooting so Im half nuts right now. Actually I hurt my neck pretty bad, whiplash.

Download Capture One Pro 7 imaging software

gazwas

Hoping its fixed all the crashing.

7.1.1, and a top spec latest iMac with 32GB of RAM. Having only PS open, then doing anything that resembled work caused a freeze up and "Force quit"

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'm with Gareth regarding reliability. It seems that there are two scenarios with C1 7 - either it works fine or you're like Gareth and me in so far as C1 7 on a Mac will hang when doing things like finishing an import, changing sessions, failing to build all previews or even crashing or hanging when exiting the application.

I downloaded the new version and I'm hoping that it's better. Functionally I like it but it has been a bear to work with at times on machines ranging from my fully spec'd out 8 proc 32GB ram MacPro through to 16GB i7 MBP and MBA's. The reliability scared me well away from the catalogue capability too.

thomas

It seems that there are two scenarios with C1 7 - either it works fine or you're like Gareth and me in so far as C1 7 on a Mac will hang when doing things like finishing an import, changing sessions, failing to build all previews or even crashing or hanging when exiting the application.

I downloaded the new version and I'm hoping that it's better. Functionally I like it but it has been a bear to work with at times on machines ranging from my fully spec'd out 8 proc 32GB ram MacPro through to 16GB i7 MBP and MBA's.
7.1.1 works fine and stable on my Macs (Pro, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air).
I always make a clean install! This is at least: delete the preferences, delete the Batch Queue folder in ~/library/Application Support, delete all preview and focus proxies from your sessions. And do NOT open older sessions created with C1 V6 without first deleting all preview and focus proxies of the respective V6 session. Also do not open sessions that contain image settings from different C1 versions (i.e. large sessions containing hundrets of images assembled over time). Keep your sessions clean ... ideally built a folder structure for each new generation of C1 (V4, V5, V6, V7 etc.) ... see attachment.