The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1-Express-Urgent

Ben Rubinstein

Hi,

According to the P1 site, C1 Express doesn't do sessions.

I have hundreds of sessions which are created with Pro. If I want to give those to a worker to crop and output to jpg, can that be done with the sessions I've made? Will Express read those sessions and will it output the jpgs to the 'Output' folder as the Pro version does?

Rather urgent as I need to work out whether to budget for pro or express versions, I need 4 licenses!

Many thanks!

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
According to the P1 site, C1 Express doesn't do sessions.

I have hundreds of sessions which are created with Pro. If I want to give those to a worker to crop and output to jpg, can that be done with the sessions I've made? Will Express read those sessions and will it output the jpgs to the 'Output' folder as the Pro version does?
In Pro:
Open C1
Open the session
Select the capture folder
Select the image
Process image
[find it in the output folder]

In Express:
Open C1
Browse to the capture folder of the session in question
Select the image
Manually set your folder to output to
Process image
[find it in the output folder]

The only thing I don't know is what happens when you select an image which has been adjusted with a tool only available in Capture One Pro like Perspective Correction or Local Adjustments. I can't think of any of my customers that have Express, so these questions just don't come up very often.

Note you can run the trial of either pro or express to see this in practice before buying Capture One.

Ben Rubinstein

Thank you for your detailed answer Doug! Why didn't I think of downloading the trial, duh!

Pain that it doesn't use sessions I might buy pro copies just to get that functionality back, when dealing with literally thousands of files in hundreds of sessions (and that's just 5 days of shooting, we've got months to go, digitizing the Jewish Archive in the Hebrew University here in Jerusalem), I need as much speed and fluency that I can get.