The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 lens profiles

Jeffg53

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but my D800E will be using a mix of Leica R and Zeiss glass. It looks like C1 applies Generic for lenses that it doesn't have profiles for. My question is do I need to build profiles or isn't it a big deal in C1.

I would hate to have all that wonderful glass and then have C1 not handle it properly.

Cheers,

Jeff

EsbenHR

Apologies if this is a dumb question, but my D800E will be using a mix of Leica R and Zeiss glass. It looks like C1 applies Generic for lenses that it doesn't have profiles for. My question is do I need to build profiles or isn't it a big deal in C1.

I would hate to have all that wonderful glass and then have C1 not handle it properly.
Not a dumb question at all.

With good glass, profiles are not usually a big deal. Of course, some uses are more picky than others (architecture in particular, but the *really* picky photographers will often use a technical camera anyway).

The most essential correction, IMO, can be applied to any RAW file: chromatic aberration. If you need light falloff, you can use an LCC.

This leaves out distortion, which can, admittedly, be an annoyance.

You can build presets on top of "generic", but we do not currently have a way for users to build private lens profiles. We do, however, add profiles at a steady rate.

Regards,

Esben H-R Myosotis