The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Mavericks crashes C1

Jim DE

Your right again Jack as it could be any number of things...... but it is odd that I updated my DXO9 and PP5 immediately before my C1 the other day and they took seconds to download and the C1 took hours. Not to mention it happens nearly every time I update C1 and never with the others.

Now I do not know where they are or what they are running but I am in the mid atlantic region running safari as a browser on a Comcast internet provider. Maybe this might help them in the future if they see this post. I am sure I am not the only one having this problem with C1 updates.

I'm in Vancouver BC and C1 downloads are always slower than a slug on Valium. However, if you're a Mac user, Capture Integration usually mirrors (within a day or so) the latest C1 release and provides downgrades when you really need them. I'm not affiliated with Capture Integration apart from being a pretty happy customer; here you go:

https://captureintegration.com/download-archive/

Jim DE

When I had my older iMac and the Cloud came out it slowed down all my photographic software functions so I turned the cloud off. This new and improved iMac I now have may handle this double writing stuff better BUT I still am not all that hyped up about the Cloud and it's potential vulnerabilities and issues. I still have it turned off.... plus when Adobe went with a cloud rent to use sales policy I have decided my current CS6 version will be my last Adobe PP software I ever pay for (unless they stop this policy.... honestly though I really hate to have to use PS {only software I have ever had to take 4 college course's to learn to use since PS7 because it's UI is so horrid}anyway .... not much of a loss for me at my age).

I will look into what you are talking about though....