The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Good Photoshop retouching books?

Rawfa

Hi,

As many may know, I have as much fun "developing" my photos on Photoshop as I do taking them. When I was first learning about photography about 15 years ago I was very intrigued by all the different lab development processes...today the same curiosity transmits for Photoshop, a tool that I´m constantly exploring. So I was wondering about some good books about retouching with photoshop for fashion, advertising and modern photography.

Rawfa

Thanks, the "CS5 DIGITAL RETOUCHING FOR FASHION BEAUTY AND PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY" seems to be what I´m looking for. Very pricey though (the british pound to brazilian real conversion is really high these days). Did you really like it? I have a very particular retouching method for my PERSONAL work, which tends to lean towards the agressive side. Now that every once and a while I do paid work I want to learn a more subtle approach without loosing the impact.

RVB

Thanks, the "CS5 DIGITAL RETOUCHING FOR FASHION BEAUTY AND PORTRAIT PHOTOGRAPHY" seems to be what I´m looking for. Very pricey though (the british pound to brazilian real conversion is really high these days). Did you really like it? I have a very particular retouching method for my PERSONAL work, which tends to lean towards the agressive side. Now that every once and a while I do paid work I want to learn a more subtle approach without loosing the impact.

Rafael,its a seriously good book and contains a huge amount of knowledge,its really worth the price,I seen other books cost as much that are not nearly as comprehensive..You wont be disappointed.

Rob