The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 with two monitors; default workspace

jlm

Workshop Member
i'm trying to have my custom saved and named workspace (which has the viewer on a second monitor) become my default workspace. presently, when i start C1 it opens with the default and i have to select my work space and sometimes select the second monitor.

my typical flow is to put a card in the reader, start C1, select a new (or old) session and name it with the "Recents" dialog box that automatically opens. when quitting, i quit the session first on the main monitor (usually have then again quit the session on the viewer monitor as well), then quit C1 (this is so next time startup does not open with the last used session)

mac os X

thx

jlm

Workshop Member
got help from Josh at Capture Integration:

when closing C1 before closing the open session, C1 retains that workspace next time it opens. It also opens in the previous session. I had been closing the open session first, then closing C1, which would always open C1 in the default workspace, but allow you to start in whatever session you should choose.

Josh suggested closing C1, leaving the open session open. next time you open C1, hold the option key down until the "recents" screen comes up. this now opens C1 with the last saved workspace and opens in the session of your choice.

thanks to capture integration and Josh