The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Lightroom and lens correction

jfzander

Using the Sony A7r and the Zeiss ZE 55/1.8 with Distortion Correcting I assume the RAW file is already corrected. Do I need to tun on on Lens Profile Correction in Lightroom or does this in that case correct the corrected image?

TIA

Jan

jfzander

Thanks for help.

But I have to ask again...

Doesn't the in Camera Distortion correction not already provide the required correction? In that case LR Lens correction has to be only enabled when the Sony Distortion Correction was set to OFF.

iiiNelson

If I remember correctly the lens correction in camera is for JPEG images... I'm really not 100% on that as I don't shoot JPEG ever. If the LR correction changes your image then I'd assume that would answer the question for sure.

jfzander

Yes, I think that is right. The information I found says too, that the Distortion Correction is only available with JPEGs.

Thanks for help

Jan