The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Is there a way to turn an overcast day into a sunny one?

haring

How do you turn an overcast day into a sunny day?
I have tried to adjust white balance and pulled up the yellows but I am just not totally happy with the results. The photos are warmer but it lacks the happy sunny glow. Is there a way to adjust/edit the the image so it looks like the photo was taken in a sunny day?

Thanks!

GregMO

This is more complex then simply changing the sky & warming the image. The biggest issue is re-creating all of the shadows that the sunny day will add to the entire image to match the location of the light source (the sun) to give the feel of a sunnier day.
With out attaching a copy of the image, it's tough to say what you are dealing with.
Was this a wedding shot or something you can re-shoot?

I would even bother trying to change it & simply re-shoot if you can. Will save you a lot of time.

gazwas

Add a big old flare spot and haze the image a little as if shot into the sun. No need to work about shadows them.

Just look at some European car manufacturers (BMW & Audi) images as this is very in look for them at the moment.