The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Auto bracketing with the D90?

Rawfa

Ok, maybe my technical english isn't good enough, but I cannot seem to find out how to auto bracket with the D90. I want to do some HDR tests and I really cannot find it. I went over the manual but all I could find was flash bracketing.

Rawfa

That is a very cool tutorial! Muchas gracias!
I have to look into buying a remote control for HDR made with more than 3 photos. I've found the bracket function and if you set the camera to "timer" it will take 3 differently exposed photos automatically, but if you want more than that then you have to push the shutter button again and it could move the camera.

woodyspedden

Neil

Perhaps I am a little too critical here but I find the tonemapped image direct from Photomatix to be way more realistic than the image then processed through Photoshop. To me the colors are way too saturated, too much over sharpening etc. There is nothing realistic to me about that image at all. Not to say the technique is totally faulted but the result here is just over cooked.

I don't mean to be insulting in any way. I understand what you are trying to achieve but I don't think this example is indicative of what you are trying to achieve. Of course this is only my personal opinion.

Woody

N

nei1

Woody its not me trying to achieve this its Rafa,at the moment hdr does not interest me at all,..............neil.

Rawfa

Man, I thought the Photomatix result looked way worse than the other. May the photophop version doesn't have the saturation right, but that glow on the photomatix result is just plain horrendous.