The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One 8 is out

archiM44

I used c18 as a beta tester for Some time and can recommend it very highly.
The processing engine amazed me as did the stability of the program.
I have used Capture ONE for many years next to Lightroom and Photoshop (now CC) and Some others but C1 has Always been my developer of choice.
I can only say, try it!

I can't belive I have to pay for the licence again. I bought mine less than 2 years ago. I delated the one i had to intall the 8 not knwing it had to be paid. Where can I find the last version 7?

archiM44

Antonio
After testing the beta, I gladly paid the upgrade (more expensive for EU than US) because the improvements and new features are worth it to me.
I would suggest giving giving it a try using the extended trial period

eleanorbrown

The HDR improvements are worth the price of the upgrade. HDR in V.8 are flawless and natural. Now I don't have to convert RAW files that need HDR adjustments in Lightroom! Eleanor

Frits

I got Capture One Pro for my Phase One digital back a few years ago. I like it a lot (I work in sessions), especially the user interface. It makes for a very fluid workflow to process RAW images.
One important issue with my Nikon DSLR NEF files is that it produces images with a slight red color cast. I make sure everything is set up neutrally, but the basic cast is there. I understand that I can correct this either manually or by making a profile from a WB reference, but that is a hassle I don't care for (it would need re-doing for different light settings).
It keeps me from using it with my Nikon images.
Maybe I am missing something? Anyone?

BTW: I have Version 7. I downloaded a trial Version 8: same slight red cast with my Nikon images...

I got Capture One Pro for my Phase One digital back a few years ago. I like it a lot (I work in sessions), especially the user interface. It makes for a very fluid workflow to process RAW images.
One important issue with my Nikon DSLR NEF files is that it produces images with a slight red color cast. I make sure everything is set up neutrally, but the basic cast is there. I understand that I can correct this either manually or by making a profile from a WB reference, but that is a hassle I don't care for (it would need re-doing for different light settings).
It keeps me from using it with my Nikon images.
Maybe I am missing something? Anyone?

BTW: I have Version 7. I downloaded a trial Version 8: same slight red cast with my Nikon images...
Fritz someone in the forum recommended using the IQ250 profile with the Nikon files to achieve better color. I'm using it. The camera itself renders yellowish and saturated reds. This profile helps getting better results.
Maybe this helps you.

eleanorbrown

Just tried the Phase One profile as you mentioned and I like this better. thanks! eleanor

Fritz someone in the forum recommended using the IQ250 profile with the Nikon files to achieve better color. I'm using it. The camera itself renders yellowish and saturated reds. This profile helps getting better results.
Maybe this helps you.

Frits

Maybe this helps you.
I just tried this and at first look it looks a LOT better! I will play around some with this, but it seems very promising.

Thanks so much for the tip Antonio!