The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yosemite & CO8P: is it safe yet ?

vicfei

That's our generic better-safe-than-fast advice. We (DT) don't like to recommend software which we ourselves have not yet thoroughly tested. Chances are very good that 2-3 days from now we will clear it for our clients.

You're of course welcome to upgrade before we (DT) have given it our stamp of approval.
Doug -

Any idea when COP8 will support the new Leica D-Lux Type 109? My Nikon FF DSLRs are supported, but I am waiting to switch over to Capture One when I can get support for my little Leica!

Thanks,

Vic

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Doug -

Any idea when COP8 will support the new Leica D-Lux Type 109? My Nikon FF DSLRs are supported, but I am waiting to switch over to Capture One when I can get support for my little Leica!

Thanks,

Vic

Support for new cameras is added anywhere from several weeks to several months from the release of the camera. The exact timeline depends on how much work is required, how much demand there is for it, how easy it is to get one to the test facility (every supported camera is tested and profiled from real shooting), and where C1 is in it's release cycle when all this happens.

I think LR just released their support 2 or so weeks ago for this camera.

Here are a list of the currently supported Leica cameras:
M Typ 240, M Typ 220, M-Monochrom, X2, X1, X Vario, M9, M8, V-Lux 4, D-Lux 6, D-Lux 5, D-Lux 4, Digilux 3, Digital Module R for R8 and R9 cameras.

vicfei

Support for new cameras is added anywhere from several weeks to several months from the release of the camera. The exact timeline depends on how much work is required, how much demand there is for it, how easy it is to get one to the test facility (every supported camera is tested and profiled from real shooting), and where C1 is in it's release cycle when all this happens.

I think LR just released their support 2 or so weeks ago for this camera.

Here are a list of the currently supported Leica cameras:
M Typ 240, M Typ 220, M-Monochrom, X2, X1, X Vario, M9, M8, V-Lux 4, D-Lux 6, D-Lux 5, D-Lux 4, Digilux 3, Digital Module R for R8 and R9 cameras.
Thanks Doug - based on their past performance of supporting Leica D-Lux cameras, I assumed that they would support the Type 109 - just didn't know when. The LR support of the Leica that just came out is not one of their best, which tipped the scales for me to consider a move to C1.

Vic

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Just an FYI, I updated the Epson 3880 drivers for Yosemite. There are two listed, 9.17 and 9.33. The latter gave me weird cyan instead of blue, so I tried to back up to 9.17. That works color wise, but the system keeps yelling at me that I need to install something, though it won't say what.

Trying to do a restore from time machine. Grrrrr.

--Matt

scatesmd

Workshop Member
I have found some issues with the interaction of C1 and Media Pro on Yosemite. If you ask MP to send a file over to C1, it usually fails to send. I confirmed the issue with Phase and was told there will be an update to MP to address this.

Also, at times video files fail to play in MP in Yosemite.

Thanks, Steve

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
I have found some issues with the interaction of C1 and Media Pro on Yosemite. If you ask MP to send a file over to C1, it usually fails to send. I confirmed the issue with Phase and was told there will be an update to MP to address this.

Also, at times video files fail to play in MP in Yosemite.

Thanks, Steve
Very true. At this point C1 is safe on Yosemite but MP is not.