The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Yosemite & CO8P: is it safe yet ?

Knorp

Anyone got some advice whether it's safe for CO8P to upgrade to OSX Yosemite ?

TIA

Kind regards.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Just for clarity Yosemite is definitely NOT supported by C1 yet.

Capture One Yosemite Warning

Support should come in the next few weeks.

As you'd expect your mileage in an unsupported configuration (i.e. OSX 10.10) can vary anywhere from "works perfectly" to "crashes non stop". But unless you like bleeding I suggest staying away from the cutting edge.

Knorp

Doug, thank you - point taken.
But really - life is too short ... :)

Kind regards.

scho

I can not make printing profiles with my ColorMunki after updating to Yosemite. There was supposed to be a new ColorMunki software correction for Yosemite released today, but didn't happen and may not for quite awhile according to Xrite support.:facesmack:

I wasn't thinking and updated my Air to Yosemite. Then forgot I have a tethered commercial shoot next week. Oops.

So far so good tethered with my D800.

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

As mentioned above, I went with Yosemite on my MacBook but left Mavericks on my MacPro.

I'm now very glad I did - I use Canon printers and neither will work with Yosemite. Canon has not issued any new drivers yet and have a reputation of being pretty slow to do so.

scho

As mentioned above, I went with Yosemite on my MacBook but left Mavericks on my MacPro.

I'm now very glad I did - I use Canon printers and neither will work with Yosemite. Canon has not issued any new drivers yet and have a reputation of being pretty slow to do so.
Bill,

Drivers are available now for most of the iPF printers (I use a Canon iPF6100) that are compatible with Yosemite. See also my reply to Dan in the printer forum which has a link to download a supplemental system file that must be used if you are printing from Adobe Lightroom or CS.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
COPENHAGEN, November 19, 2014

Phase One released Capture One 8.0.2

This software update includes new OS support, bug fixes, stability improvements,
plus camera and lens support as follows:

OS support
• Support for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite

Camera support
• Improved file support for Nikon D810
• File support for Nikon D750, D3300 and P340
• File support for Canon 7D Mark II
• File support for Leica T (Typ 701) and C (Typ 112)
• File support for Panasonic GM1
• File support for Samsung NX30

Lens support
• Zeiss Otus 55mm f1.4
• Zeiss Otus 85mm f1.4
• Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 20mm f/1.8G ED
• Olympus M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 40-150mm f/2.8 Pro

Bug fixes
• Fixed an issue with capturing to EIP
• Fixed a number of issues related to naming tokens
• Fixed an issue with Nikon D810 and capture counter
• Fixed some stability issues
• Fixed 98 other bugs

Knorp

Whoa! Hold your horses ....

Phase One has released Capture One 8.0.2, the second update to Capture One 8 so far. It provides OS support, bug fixes, stability improvements, camera and lens support.

We are still testing 8.0.2 and will provide an update when we believe it is stable on Yosemite. We recommend NOT updating yet.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Whoa! Hold your horses ....
That's our generic better-safe-than-fast advice. We (DT) don't like to recommend software which we ourselves have not yet thoroughly tested. Chances are very good that 2-3 days from now we will clear it for our clients.

You're of course welcome to upgrade before we (DT) have given it our stamp of approval.

While investigating about any other potential issue before moving to Yosemite with my main computer I found that my Eizo monitor might probably have a problem.Quoting from the Eizo site:"...OS was not correctly applying the gamma value designated by ColorNavigator. EIZO is requesting Apple to address this. At this time we recommend ColorEdge users wait for further developments before upgrading their OS."
This is something not strictly related to Capture One but I guess is anyhow of interest to many in this community.

jagsiva

So far, so good on C1 Pro. I am getting a graphics card error on my MBP Retina since the Yosemite upgrade, but this is not just in C1, I have seen it pop up in different apps including Safari. Could be just a hardware issue.

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
I am running Yosemite 10.10.1 and C1 8.0.2 on a late 2013 Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core with 64 GB of memory and dual D700 graphics processors reading and writing to a Pegasus-2 using a 6-way stripe
I have Eizo Colornavigator and have turned off the gamma reset warnings as I believe them to be benign.
The issues with machine lockup using C1 with openCL enabled seem to be gone as have the processing irregularities of "speckled" processed files.
Quick performance comparison using 100 D810 uncompressed files to time processing.

Acceleration "never":
full size jpeg - 2.37 sec/file
1200 px long edge jpeg - 0.58 sec/file

Acceleration "Auto"
full size jpeg - 0.9 sec/file
1200 px long edge jpeg - 0.4 sec/file

seems much more better now.
-bob

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

I've been running 8.0 (and now 8.0.2) on Yosemite for a month or so on my MacBook Retina with no problems at all. (Still using Mavericks on my Mac Pro because I print from it and Canon hasn't updated my printer driver for Yosemite.)