The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Still struggling to find a standard workflow in LR.

gmack

I primarily shoot an X-T1 and an A6000 at the moment. I could use some advice on nailing down my workflow in the develop module. Does anyone have some suggestions on the order in which I should go through the develop options? I inevitably do it differently each time I use it and feel I don't have a consistent look to my processing.

iiiNelson

I primarily shoot an X-T1 and an A6000 at the moment. I could use some advice on nailing down my workflow in the develop module. Does anyone have some suggestions on the order in which I should go through the develop options? I inevitably do it differently each time I use it and feel I don't have a consistent look to my processing.
Creating and storing presets are a great thing to do. They help your initial basic starting point.

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Lets take a step back...serious question and a few one liners....

Scott Kelby has a book called the 7 Point system for PS....

Really need to establish a standard approach to most work...whether in LR or C1....

WB Exposure Contrast Globally Shadow and Highlights Saturation and Specific Color Issues

Channel Adjustments then Layers and Local Adjustments ... i.e. Light, Contrast, Specific Enhancements, Layers for Blends and Masks, Sharpening for the Final step...first Capture Sharpening then Output Sharpening...

At multiple points on this path save a reference file with your adjustments prior to output sharpening and sizing...so that you can accommodate any output media and size.

Some files need all of the above ... many need only a part... if you follow the flow your output will be a bit more consistent and reproducible.

Bob

docmoore

Subscriber and Workshop Member
SO...

Look closely at the develop module in LR...pretty much in the order described as you descend the options on the right hand side.....

Layers and Blends and Masks are probably best accomplished as an EDIT with PS....

Bob