The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Help with text

mwalker

Subscriber Member
I need to put text under a photograph...more than just a title..I only use LR which is a limitation doing this. I have CS3 but I've never used it. (why I need to attend a workshop). Can someone walk me through the process with CS3 or another third party software....thanks in advance

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Without writing a book...

If you want the text UNDER the image, you first have to extend the canvas by how ever much you want under the image. Once you do that, select the type tool an drag out a text box positioned where you want your text. Then select text color by setting your foreground color to whatever color you want, then choose font and size. Note that if your font is too large or the wrong color, you may not see it in the box. For most web images, try starting with a small font, like 6 or 8 points.

Use the CS3 help function to further explain how you do all of these steps.

Cheers,