The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One v8.1 - Does Edit All Selected Variants work?

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
As far as I can tell, my installation C1 v8.1 ignores the state of the Edit All Selected Variants menu item as well as the clickable icon on the main screen. The icon goes light and dark, the menu gets checked and unchecked, but only the Primary Variant ever changes upon editing. This isn't a huge problem, but it looks wrong.

I'll open a ticket or do a reinstall, but I was curious if anyone else sees this behavior.

Thanks,

Matt

RVB

As far as I can tell, my installation C1 v8.1 ignores the state of the Edit All Selected Variants menu item as well as the clickable icon on the main screen. The icon goes light and dark, the menu gets checked and unchecked, but only the Primary Variant ever changes upon editing. This isn't a huge problem, but it looks wrong.

I'll open a ticket or do a reinstall, but I was curious if anyone else sees this behavior.

Thanks,

Matt
Matt ,after you copy the adjustments does the apply adjustments arrow become light again.. I just tried it and the apply adjustments is darkened but when i copy the adjustments from the primary variant it becomes active..

Rob

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Rob,

Copy and apply adjustments works just fine. Before any adjustments are copied, the apply arrow is dark, then it lights up once adjustments are copied. When they are applied, they go to all selected Variants.

I'm having a different problem. Select two (or more) images. They can be different images or variant of the same RAW file. If you adjust the Primary Variant (the one outlined in bold) and Adjust Selected Variants is Unchecked, then, as you would expect, only the Primary variant changes. I *thought* that checking Edit All Selected... changed that behavior so that, say, increasing exposure on the Primary would ALSO increase it on the other selected Variants. That does not happen.

I just discovered that it does make a difference when resetting all adjustments. If Edit Selected... is checked, then all Selected Variants are reset. Otherwise only the Primary is rest.

The problem is the same on both my C1 installations. I think I'll open a support ticket.

--Matt

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Edit All Selected is not meant to affect standard slider behavior.

If you have multiple images selected and adjust the exposure slider only the main image should be adjusted.

Edit All Selected changes the behavior of:
- copy/apply
- color tagging or rating by keyboard shortcut
- image deletion
- "move to selects" command
- processing
- lcc creation/application
- special tools like the AutoCrop tool in C1 Cultural Heritage Edition

We cover some advanced workflows involving toggling the Edit All Selected Variants icon in our Capture One Masters Program.