The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Image grainier after downsizing

Rawfa

Guys,

I was doing some tests with the D750 at iso 12800 and I've noticed that while I was treating the files they looked very clean on my screen but when I downsized them to 2000 x 1335 before saving them to jpeg they became much grainier, sharper and a tiny bit brighter. When I view the D750 raw files on Photoshop I view them at 23% and then after downsizing to 2000 x 1335 I view them at 65%...since 2000 x 1335 is larger than my screen resolution I would assume I shouldn't see the image grainier, sharper or brighter. To downsize I go to "image" and then "image size". Should I do something different?

erudolph

In Image Size check the interpolation method. There is a pull down menu near the bottom of the window and if I remember right it defaults to Auto. I think this causes the image to be sharpened when you down-res it. Try setting that to Bicucbic Smoother when you downsize it and see if that helps.