The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

C1 8.2.1 image loading

jlm

Workshop Member
solved the idiot at the keypad problem with importing; for some reason, the path was incorrect, yet images were getting into the correct session, just the extended set.

another question:

i'm attempting to clear out those errant images, so my method is to select the first (bold white border shows) then shift select the last (all in between now have lighter white borders), then move to trash or delete. however, it only moves the first image with the more bold white border.

same thing if i try and use common-slect to add to the group, only the first image gets the bold white border and acted upon.

??

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
John,

In this case, session trash is not your system trash -- it is simply another folder inside the session. So assuming you want the duplicates gone for storage purposes, the way I would probably handle it is open that folder in finder, and delete the duplicate images permanently by moving them to your system trash. If you are anal, you can then go into the two session C1 subfolders and delete the associated side-car files, though they take up a minuscule amount of space.

Alternatively, the cleanest method might be to simply create a new session, import the files wanted directly from that corrupted session, and when done delete the entire corrupted session. A couple of ways to skin this cat...

jlm

Workshop Member
sounds good, thx

but to the issue of placing multiple images in a selection set, when processing, eg. i now have to do it one at a time. used to be able to select a group, not sure what has changed

jm

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
sounds good, thx

but to the issue of placing multiple images in a selection set, when processing, eg. i now have to do it one at a time. used to be able to select a group, not sure what has changed

jm
You have to have the "edit all variants" toggle selected, Shift+CMD+E :)

jlm

Workshop Member
ahh, the old "Edit all Variants"; translation: "include all selected items in set"

thx

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
You can also use the icons up top -- orange single square versus orange multi squares ;)

jlm

Workshop Member
for some reason, i can't get the image loader to recognize all .tif images. i have brought in a few in the past,, but many more are greyed out. mostly i want to work on some scanned images created as .tif by silverfast

thx

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Just the previews as grey or won't it load the full tiff file?

I use SF8 Ai Studio myself but confess that I load the output into PS. I did wonder if perhaps there was a compression setting causing issues but as you've probably seen there are no tiff settings from SF8.

jlm

Workshop Member
full tiff file, completed by SF, is in my folder; import dialog box from C1 shows it greyed out.