The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

I would avoid Lightroom 6.2 and the October CC Lr update

robertwright

around the internets, and I downloaded it myself, uninstalled it immediately, the import dialogue has been horribly mangled and iPhoto-ified.

couldn't make heads or tails of any of it. have to wonder where adobes head is at.

Godfrey

Reaction to the new import seems quite bimodal. Some like it a lot, others (me included) loathe it.

G

Have a 2010 Mac Pro with latest OSX. Installed LR 6.2 and had multiple (4 or 5) crashes in 30 minute period when, or just after, importing images.

But no crashes since performing HD "first aid" (new permissions actions) and then rebooting computer.

On the flip side, I don't see any compelling reason to "update". Ingest looks a bit different. Operates the same.

scho

I had enough with crashes and sluggish performance in both 2 and 2.1 so I uninstalled and reverted back to 1.1.

archiM44

I had enough with crashes and sluggish performance in both 2 and 2.1 so I uninstalled and reverted back to 1.1.
+1
6.2 also caused my catalog to appear corrupted (wrong images appearing when I clicked on a folder, images jumping around between folders and finally the whole thing freezing)

Jim DE

I fixed my Adobe LR6 issues............ I permanently uninstalled it!

After a day in a half of Adobe CS techs wanting me to learn their job (which I don't want to know) and time wasted netting the same poor results in the end I told them to stick it and I uninstalled the c---.

I don't have time to mickey mouse around with a software that they haven't written a correctly working update for nor do I feel I should learn the inner workings of computer coding to correct a problem their update created. I am a customer and a user they are the design software engineers ... fix it!!!!!

I barely used LR anyway and might use my standalone CS6 on 2-4 images a year at max.... I will never use a monthly lease program or anyones cloud so my days with Adobe software were limited anyway. No real loss for my workflow...... one aggravation down one to go! :)

I feel much better now ;)