The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

NEW to C1

stephen.s1

I mean new, and green'er than grass.
After I have selected a crop and made the adjustments, how do I say amen to that.... Hitting enter doesn't work. Help seems to assume I know that basic command, because there's no mention of how to complete the crop.

Thanks in advance... (this is probably the first of many such questions.. you've been warned)

In the middle of the top row of cursor choices, simply click on the pointer to the left. That should take you out of the crop function and implement the crop you have chosen.

After I have selected a crop and made the adjustments, how do I say amen to that.... Hitting enter doesn't work. Help seems to assume I know that basic command, because there's no mention of how to complete the crop.

Thanks in advance... (this is probably the first of many such questions.. you've been warned)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I always hit the "h" key to get the pan cursor and complete the crop or other adjustment.

dougpeterson

Workshop Member

Learning-as-you-go can be a frustrating experience.

I'd suggest watching some of the free and pretty decent webinars here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_snlVTLKR0I&list=PLDMRz3ssFQH5bVekS7WX6rW9pZu_X_vLJ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TK63TpZSa4&list=PLDMRz3ssFQH7Lf3-q6ov3fyOhfORj5dQ7

If you are still looking for more after that we have a variety of paid capture one classes that take you well beyond the free webinar material, but this not where I would start since it assumes a decent level of familiarity to start with.