The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

10bit in OSX el-capitan?

MrSmith

so 10 bit monitors have been enabled in el-capitan but you need a newish graphics card and a new iMac.
intrigued by this i downloaded a 10bit ramp test tiff which shows you if you can display 10 bit images.
i have an ‘old’ eizo CG241w and a macbook pro retina from 2013 with the 2 graphics cards (nvidia gt650m)

this is a screen grab of the test image in up to date CS photoshop and a demo of affinity photo.
so it would appear 10bit is enabled in CS photoshop and some ‘old’ computers monitors?

Attachments

CSP

so 10 bit monitors have been enabled in el-capitan but you need a newish graphics card and a new iMac.
intrigued by this i downloaded a 10bit ramp test tiff which shows you if you can display 10 bit images.
i have an ‘old’ eizo CG241w and a macbook pro retina from 2013 with the 2 graphics cards (nvidia gt650m)

this is a screen grab of the test image in up to date CS photoshop and a demo of affinity photo.
so it would appear 10bit is enabled in CS photoshop and some ‘old’ computers monitors?
thank you, it works for me too 2009 mac pro with ati 5770 and nec 271 & eizo 242. the affinity team has promissed to add 10 bit support soon. they will ad 32bit support in early 2016...
https://s3.amazonaws.com/affinity-beta/download/HDR+Preview.mov