The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adobe Camera Raw lens profiles and Capture One / DxO Optics Pro

TriElmar

Hi,

I have a Sony A7RII which I use sometimes with Canon EF (Metabones IV) or Leica M/R lenses. In Adobe ACR I can assign the respective lens profile to the Sony RAW file and this works perfectly. Capture One has only very few lens profiles available. DxO has tons of profiles (only a few for LEICA) but in DxO it is impossible to choose a Camera/lens combination freely. Regarding lens profiles you are stuck to native lenses and Canon EF or LEICA M/R lens profiles cannot be used with Sony A7RII RAW files.

So here is my question: Is there a way/trick to apply lens profiles in ACR and save the corrected files as RAW files (DNG) which you afterwards open in other RAW converters and the ACR lens profiles are still applied?

Many thanks for your help or ideas!

Last edited:

pfigen

The best you can hope for if you don't want to process in ACR/Lr is to process your tiff in the raw processor of your choice, bring the tiff into Ps and use the Lens Correction filter there to apply the lens profiles to you tiff. Most raw processors will not actually save out any changes to the raw file itself.