The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Photokit

D

DougDolde

I'm wondering how many people have discovered Photokit. I see quite a few threads containing references to Photokit Sharpener but none for Photokit itself. I am a big fan of PK Sharpener by the way.

While Photokit does contain limited sharpening routines, I've found it incredibly useful in the dodge/burn realm. You can do gradient dodge or burn by quite a few parameters including top, bottom, left, right by 1/4, 1/3, 1/2,and 2/3. Puts the dodge or burn on a layer so you can create masks and erase the effect where you don't want it. There are also actions to dodge/burn both highlights and shadows, again on a layer where you can control opacity or erase unwanted areas to be affected.

It also has filters for warming, cooling and quite a bit more. Everything is always put on a layer for ease of adjusting intensity.

I could probably do most of what it does in Photoshop manually but that would tax my PS expertise well beyond it's current level. I don't think I could do without it after finding it so useful.

cam

thank you, Doug (for this and the other link). i have had PK Sharpener for quite a while and didn't realise there was more.... off to look!

cam

went and had a gander -- woo hoo! lovely! a little overwhelming, but the price is right. i love to dodge and burn and anything that makes it quicker and easier -- with the ability to adjust and modify floats my boat. layers are such a beautiful thing! (i still think i appreciate them more because i've used PS from the beginning, way before layers existed. showing my age :ROTFL: )