The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Nik Silver for Color?

LJL

There is also another application from Nik Software called Viveza. It too is excellent, in my humble opinion. I use both Color Efex Pro and Viveza for a lot of my retouching, and they are powerful tools.

LJ

Rawfa

Much appreciated. I've downloaded a demo to give it a try. It feels very promissing. But I feel that the control points on Silver give you more to work with.

Rawfa

They do but Silver lets you have control points with tone, contrast, brightness, shadows, highlights and so on on EVERY effect, whilst Color Efex varies according to the effect (many give you only opacity). I still have to explore it more thoroughly though.

cam

Rawfa -- the control points in Viveza are much more powerful. most people use a combination of this. it doesn't have Structure available in Silver Efex, but the ability to control individual colour channels is mighty powerful. if you haven't downloaded that as well, i suggest you do or Color Efex alone might disappoint you.

FYI -- i sometimes use Viveza on the TIFF from RAW before taking it into Silver Efex as well. Nik has a very powerful lineup and they all play nicely with each other....