The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Massive difference in color/hue in fit screen view and 100% view in C1

Paul2660

This may be a known about issue, however I just ran into it in a big way today. It seems that with Capture One, there is not a 100% correlation between the normal screen view and the view at 100%, in that your colors in the normal screen view can become over saturated and for sure the hue is different. If you zoom to 100%, the colors then agree to what would be viewed in Photoshop, but you can't really work on a file from a Phase One back at a 100% view unless you could put together 4 monitors and tile them.

The difference in the greens, I have to say, is way off and there is no way that I can think of to work around it.

I have attached 2 screen shots. The first one is a file in C1 at normal view, and same file outputed, and view in Photoshop at the same view. The differences are seen immediate as the green hue in Photoshop is much more yellow. The blues and yellows seem OK, but the bluff on the right side of the image is also much more orange in the 100% view. If you look at the next screen shot, which has both images again side by side at 100%, you can see that the C1 preview now agrees with the Photoshop view.

Not sure what others feel, but I find this an amazing oversight, and it makes it next to impossible to get exact color.

Edit: I am using a 30" and 27" NEC monitor both using Spectraview both calibrated, 2 different Win 10 PC's . But I can see the same problem with Mac on my 15" macbook pro, but not as bad since the screen size limits the viewing size.

Paul C

Attachments

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Paul,

Under your process recipe tab, what is the colorspace in the recipe you have *high-lighted*, and then if different, what is it in the recipe(s) you have checked?