The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Capture One Pro 10 is here!

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I'm going to upload this morning. I need speed. In a couple weeks I'll be shooting about 15k images processing all of them and uploading to web for sale. Speed speed speed it's all about speed. I just bought a brand new 2016 MacBook Pro high end unit. Hope to see some real improvements. I seriously mean it I am counting seconds on a gig like this. Faster the images get up the faster I make money.

Guy Mancuso

Well this cost me 100 bucks to upgrade and for me certainly worth it but I just processed 50 Sony raws maxed out at 3:20
in time . Than took the same raws and ran them in C1 10. Okay batman and robin this is fast. Time lowered to 1:33 thats more than twice as fast

Mark Muse

Well this cost me 100 bucks to upgrade and for me certainly worth it but I just processed 50 Sony raws maxed out at 3:20
in time . Than took the same raws and ran them in C1 10. Okay batman and robin this is fast. Time lowered to 1:33 thats more than twice as fast

OK, speed: Check

How about the quality of sharpening and noise reduction? My opinion is sharpening and NR are second class -- no where near as natural looking as Lr 6. Have there been changes here? I'm fed up with Adobe for other reasons.

With apologies for being negative.

Knorp

Last year I paid the 99 buckazoids the very day the upgrade was released, but within days there was this 10% discount.
This time I think I'll wait a while ...

:watch:

Guy Mancuso

How about the quality of sharpening and noise reduction? My opinion is sharpening and NR are second class -- no where near as natural looking as Lr 6. Have there been changes here? I'm fed up with Adobe for other reasons.

Will have to check this out as well.

rayyan

Great! Very recently, I paid to upgrade ( eventually ) to 9. Lets wait and see if Phase One allows me to upgrade to 10 and at what cost :mad:

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Gratuitous, yet mandatory, complaint about non-support of other medium format cameras even though Phase One declares them in no way competitive with their own products. I miss C1, and loathe Adobe, but I'm not choosing a camera system based solely on software. If I can't make a picture good in LR/PS, then it wasn't a good picture in the first place. Still, :cry:

Looks like a nice upgrade.

--Matt

Mark Muse

I bought the upgrade from 8 to 10. Sharpening and NR at the defaults are indeed natural looking. Not sharp, but natural. I haven't tried any settings of my own yet (NR 0; Sharp radius very small, no threshold).

Color rendering for Sony A7r2 is very very nice!

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If you are upgrading, worth checking with your dealers as they may have discounts for you. I just consolidated my licences to a single code and got a discount (not tied to the consolidation btw, just through going through the dealer vs direct).

rayyan

After posting the comment below in this thread, I wrote to PhaseOne.

This is their reply:

"
Supporter

Dear Sir

As you purchased it within the grace period all you have to do is to download and install it.

Your current product key will work with Capture One 10.

Kind Regards

Phase One support

"

Excellent and prompt support. Others hw/sw providers could and should learn from this.

Great! Very recently, I paid to upgrade ( eventually ) to 9. Lets wait and see if Phase One allows me to upgrade to 10 and at what cost :mad:

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
If you are upgrading, worth checking with your dealers as they may have discounts for you. I just consolidated my licences to a single code and got a discount (not tied to the consolidation btw, just through going through the dealer vs direct).
In my (extremely biased) opinion there is no reason one should EVER buy Capture One from Phase One. Buying it through your dealer provides:
- Better Prepurchase vetting (e.g. are you running a supported OS? Are you aware of bug X and Y? Are you aware v10 adjustments are visible in v9?)
- Better support in that you can use phaseone.com support cases OR call (or email or visit) your dealer
- The price is never higher, and often lower (even if it's a small discount)

drevil

Staff member
a tiny bit off topic, but does anyone know if phase is working on a C1 version for ipads?

best

mirko