The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase-1 platform switch policy for C! Pro

Good Afternoon All

Can anyone please tell me what Phase Ones platform switch (from: PC to: Mac) policy is? I am now a Mac and cannot, for the life of me, get Phase One to talk to me. :banghead: I am currently a legal user of C1 Pro purchased for use on a PC.

Thank You
Paul

stephengilbert

I'm pretty sure you can deactivate the old computer, and use your product key to activate C1 on the new one. As I understand it, the license is good for one person, and can be used on two computers by that person. If you have only installed the program on a single computer, I think you can simply activate it on the new one. If you've already installed it on two computers, you'll need to deactivate one.

Here's a Phase One discussion on deactivation: http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Support/Article.aspx?articleid=1184&languageid=1 It refers to C1 4, but explains the problem and how to solve it.

Steve

I switched from Win to Mac few months back and it worked smoothly.
It is enough to deactivate the licence on the machine(s) you are not going to use and activate on the new one(s).
The number of activation avaialble for you licence can be checked either from the program itself or on your account on Phase One web site.
Ario

Original poster here

Thank you all for your kind and prompt response. My PC had 4.5.x legally installed (on one machine only) and suffered a hard disk failure so it may not be possible to deactivate it unless I can figure out how to do so from within the Phase One web site. I will be using C1 Pro only on a single machine (my new Mac Pro) after I download it.

Many Thanks
Paul

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
You're fine. You can deactivate via the web.

1) Log onto the PhaseOne.com website
2) Select Sign In from the upper right hand corner (use "I forgot my password if needed)
3) Select My Account
4) License Management
5) Select the key in question
6) Select deactivate

That will free up both allowed activations of your pro key.

The system is really very sweet and it's very hard to mess up. In the end all you need is either the full 16 digit key, or access to the email address to which it was linked.

edit: By the way, Phase is completely platform agnostic when it comes to keys. Any Capture One Pro key can be used on mac or PC or both. The only rule is only two computers can be activated at any given time.