The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

New Version of C1 Pro 4.8

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Looks like a update folks
http://www.phaseone.com/Content/Downloads/CO4.aspx

Here I copied this from Chris

Capture One 4.8 release notes

Introduction
Newly architected Capture One 4 allows photographers to enhance and develop RAW digital files with
excellent color and detail reproduction. Providing best possible image quality is a cornerstone in
Capture One. Tools for this and excellent “out-of-the-box” results are part of the new Capture One 4.

Capture One 4 is designed with an easy workflow in mind, and the simplified new user interface
leaves more of the screen area to your images.

Highlighted new features
This new release of Capture One comes in three versions: 4.8, 4.8 PRO and 4.8 DB.

Capture One 4.8 is a free service release to existing Capture One 4.x owners.

Existing customers with Capture One 3.x can upgrade to a similar version of Capture One 4.8 at no
extra cost.

Capture One 4.8 includes:

- Localized versions of the application and user documentation into:
o Chinese (simplified), Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish and
Swedish.

- New cameras supported
o Phase One P 40+ incl. tethered capture
o Olympus E-620

- Image Quality improvements
o Enhancements for P65+
o Enhancements for Leica D-LUX 4
o Color enhancements for Olympus E-30
o Improved colors for jpeg and tiff files

- Speed improvements

- Bugfixes

You can learn more about the new release at: http://www.phaseone.com/4

Our tech, Doug Peterson, can help you with any questions that you may have also.

Chris Lawery(e-mail Me)
Newsletter: Read Latest or Sign Up

jlm

Workshop Member
here is a question:
if i convert a hasselblad .fff file to a .dng using Phocus, will C1 4.8 accept that .dng file for processing?

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Not sure John maybe Doug can help there.

It seems to be working but just downloaded it. No increase in speed I can see. Let's hope it is stable

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
here is a question:
if i convert a hasselblad .fff file to a .dng using Phocus, will C1 4.8 accept that .dng file for processing?
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't, though I have not tried it myself. If you want to send me such a DNG by yousendit.com to [email protected] I would be happy to try it.

Three caveats though
1) it's unlikely to be as technically high in IQ as in Phocus since each manufacturer spends weeks tailoring their algorithms to specific backs/cameras (though technical IQ is only one part of raw processing)
2) Phocus' lens corrections will not carry into the DNG (as I understand it; corrections anyone? David?)
3) you might hurt the .fff's feelings by using Phase One software to process it :talk028:

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

dougpeterson

Workshop Member
Not sure John maybe Doug can help there.

It seems to be working but just downloaded it. No increase in speed I can see. Let's hope it is stable
Increase in speed was measured at 3-5%. So nothing especially meaningful; though, it's always good when speed increases rather than decreases! :)

I'll have a full report later today. Lots of work to do!

Doug Peterson (e-mail Me)

ptomsu

Workshop Member
Downloaded, upgraded and it works wonderfully.

Have the feeling it is faster, although I did no measurements.

I really like the easy way how the Phase SW is updated and works nicely after each update ;)

One of the real compelling reasons for going with Phase as a complete solution :)

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Just downloaded and installed it. Runs fine and builds previews faster on my machine and so far no pizza-wheels waiting for things to happen. I give it a :thumbs:

PS: Guy, I'm moving this to the image processing forum since it is not specific to MF -- okay?

Capture One 4.8 release notes
Capture One 4.8 includes:

- Localized versions of the application and user documentation into:
Swedish.
Good heavens! And I didn´t even notice.....:eek: Guess I´ve gotten accustomed using English whenever running most SW.

And, after trying it, I have to say the C 1 Swedish is really excellent, both in the panels and the manual; a real pleasure! :clap:

(The "Swedish" in, say, Lightroom 2´s Swedish version, for example, is absolutely laughable; they seem to have hired a translator who has never used a camera....)

woodyspedden

I just downloaded and installed and all went smoothly. First impressions are that it stutters less than previous versions. I didn't notice anything exceptional regarding speed etc but the less buggy performance is great IMHO.

I use mine for both M8 and Nikon files and both work really well. My understanding about Phocus and C1 are identical to that expressed by Doug. The lens corrections from Phocus to carry over in the DNG which is to be processed by C1. Shame on Hasselblad for doing this to us. Lens corrections for software corrected lenses are a really big deal. This is particularly true for really wide angles like the 28 and Phocus does a really good job at it. But Phocus has limitations as does C1. Taken together they form a powerful team. But because Hassy has taken away the abillity to carry lens corrections for use in the DNG file that power is destroyed.

Woody

glenerrolrd

Workshop Member
I just downloaded and installed and all went smoothly. First impressions are that it stutters less than previous versions. I didn't notice anything exceptional regarding speed etc but the less buggy performance is great IMHO.

I use mine for both M8 and Nikon files and both work really well. My understanding about Phocus and C1 are identical to that expressed by Doug. The lens corrections from Phocus to carry over in the DNG which is to be processed by C1. Shame on Hasselblad for doing this to us. Lens corrections for software corrected lenses are a really big deal. This is particularly true for really wide angles like the 28 and Phocus does a really good job at it. But Phocus has limitations as does C1. Taken together they form a powerful team. But because Hassy has taken away the abillity to carry lens corrections for use in the DNG file that power is destroyed.

Woody
Woody Am I missing something here. When you process a raw file through any raw converter doesn t the output have to be a TIFF to include the conversion. Can you have a processed DNG as an output or is the raw converter just passing the original DNG on.

Roger

V

VeEuzUKY

Workspace Toolbar Configuration...

This is probably a really silly question with a simple answer but I cant find a solution. I'm running C1 4.8.1 on Windows with limited screen space so I choose the HIDE TOOLBAR option under the View Menu. Unfortunately, every time I start the application, the toolbar is there again and I have to go hide it once again. Next time the same. The setting is never kept permanently. is there a way to permanently hide the toolbar so when the program is launched its hidden by default?

Thanks so much :)