The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Noise problems with CO Pro 4.7

thomas

Stupid workaround
You can store the settings of sharpening, NR and maybe your prefered camera profile as well ("outdoor daylight"?) in a Style... this seems to work fine.
Once you do not trust the software I guess you are still going to check every setting on every single capture. But maybe you'll give it a try... as far as I figured out here it works as it should.
Regards, Thomas

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Don't think you can generate a style and save it? And recipes don't save adjustment data. Regardless, I almost always tweak the WB and exposure panels on an individual basis anyway, so at least saving presets in the tools that allow it is some help...

thomas

Don't think you can generate a style and save it?
you can. At least on my machine I can... I set my prefered camera profile, my NR settings and my sharpening settings (sharpening in my case for preview only) and save it as a Style. Now I can apply the style to the first capture within a session, copy adjustments and apply them to all captures within the session. For the rest I set everything else individually as well - so I just save to set the camera profile, the NR settings and the sharpening setting.
Regards, Thomas

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
you can. At least on my machine I can... I set my prefered camera profile, my NR settings and my sharpening settings (sharpening in my case for preview only) and save it as a Style. Now I can apply the style to the first capture within a session, copy adjustments and apply them to all captures within the session. For the rest I set everything else individually as well - so I just save to set the camera profile, the NR settings and the sharpening setting.
Regards, Thomas
Oh yes, I understand you now, under the Styles tab (the one under the icon that looks like a document) you can save adjustment sets as a custom style -- thanks for the reminder. A follow-on note to use, you have to first copy your set of adjustments to the clipboard and only after that can you save them as a custom set.

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
If you do lens correction for a certain lens say the 45mm well it will apply the distortion as well. Make sure you don't do selection distortion as a style unless the whole folder or session is the same lens. I think the best thing is save the basics like Noise, sharpening, clarity as the style than do the normal stuff with just copy adjustments and apply as you go. I have to teach this in two weeks so glad you pointed this out Thomas and help discover it and Jack for working on it with me on the phone. Okay back to my deadline for this project , produce a book by Tuesday. Big program book too.